Identical sets of devices intended for sensing of the atmosphere and the Earth surface are placed onboard the TERRA and AQUA satellites. A wide range of data on the composition and state of the Earth surface and the atmosphere is generated by the MODIS device. The data of daily sensing of the atmosphere – Earth surface system for the last two weeks are accessible via the corresponding sections of the menu.
Parameters being sensed:
- Optical aerosol thickness.
- Pressure on the upper edge of cloudiness.
- Characteristics of cloudiness (type and phase).
- Precipitated water.
- Vegetation indices (vegetation state).
- Forest fires.
- Earth surface temperature.
- Chlorophyll concentration.
- Earth surface reflection coefficients.
- Profiles of the temperature, humidity and ozone calculated from the MODIS data at 20 points with an altitude step of about 5 km.